How to Build a Farm Favorite Breakfast all on the Grill
Wisconsin summers are too short. So, we like to take every chance to enjoy the fresh air of a beautiful summer morning. That includes cooking a hearty breakfast or brunch completely outside on the gas grill.
This is one of our favorite breakfasts that we do on the grill here at the farm.
- Thaw out a package of Sage Pork Breakfast Sausage Links. Prep the links by snipping them apart with kitchen shears.
- Heat the griddle and oil it to get it ready for the eggs.
- On the other side of the grill, get the links cooking over medium heat.
- While the sausages are grilling, crack some Pastured Eggs on the griddle.
- Heat up a small pot of pure maple syrup on the grill.
- Flip the eggs when they are ready and close the grill for a few moments. Remove the eggs when they are cooked to your favorite level of doneness.
- As everything cooks, turn the sausages every few minutes to create a nice brown crust on all sides.
- Take a moment to listen to and enjoy the sizzle.
- Take the sausages off the grill once they are done cooking.
- Cover the eggs and sausages in foil to keep warm while you finish up breakfast.
- Turn the heat up on the griddle to get ready for the pancakes.
- Butter the griddle to create a beautiful crust on the pancakes.
- Pour your favorite pancake batter (we like making from-scratch whole-grain pancakes) on the griddle.
- Flip the pancakes when ready.
- When ready to serve, transfer the warmed syrup to a serving pitcher.
- Dish up breakfast.
- Spruce up the plates with some extra nutrition with a small salad using arugula, spinach or lettuce from the farmer's market.
- Dig in and enjoy!
We'd love to hear what you create with our farm products. Comment below.