- (1 (3-5 lb)) Pork roast, Boneless shoulder
- (2 TBSP) Paprika
- (1 TBSP) Chili Powder
- (1 TBSP) Cumin
- (1 TBSP) Salt
- (1 1/2 TBSP) Brown Sugar
- (1 TSP) White Pepper
- (1 TSP) Black Pepper
- (2 TSP) Oregano
- Generously coat the roast.
- Refrigerate roast until ready to cook. For best results, coat the roast 6 - 18 hours ahead of time.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Place roast in greased pan and roast 1 hour.
- Cover roast tightly in foil and turn down the oven to 225°F.
- Continue cooking 3 - 6 hours until internal temperature reaches 195° to 200°F.
- Remove from oven and let the roast rest, covered, for 45 minutes
- Shred pork and toss in the melted fat still in the pan
Enjoy with fresh dinner rolls and greens of your choice.